Growing up, watching Nickelodeon was like a ritual. I never missed a single episode of my favorite shows— especially when it came to Rugrats. I decided to make a Chuckie Finister cosplay for the same reason that most other people flock to this character: it’s wild. Chuckie’s look is a lot more detailed and colorful compared to Tommy (who has always been my favorite Rugrats baby), which meant a DIY Chuckie would be a lot more fun— and challenging.
A Chuckie Finster cosplay is also a great way to level up your cosplay skills. It’s still technically a closet cosplay, but it requires a little bit more craftsmanship. Don’t worry—it’s still an easy build. All you will need are some basic clothing items, some paint, and an extravagant curly red wig.
Also, keep in mind that this Chuckie Finster tutorial can be used for both boys and girls. And, of course, you don’t have to use a crop top for the shirt. That’s just my preferred style.
Chuckie Finster Cosplay Details
Chuckie’s most noticeable features are his bright orange hair, purple glasses, and freckles. He always wears a light blue shirt with a Saturn emblem tilted in the center, with green shorts that have playful lime green zig zags plastered on them.
You can find the Saturn emblem that you will need for this costume in my FREE Chuckie Finster Cosplay Tutorial eBook. Get it here:
What You’ll Need
Most of these supplies are easily accessible on Amazon. I provided a link banner under each list for a visual of the products I used and how much they cost. Anything not shown in the banner will have its own link or can be found at your local craft/general store.
DIY Chuckie Finster Cosplay Supply Links:
- Red Sneakers
- Yellow Socks/RIT Dye
- Green Shorts
- Blue Shirt/Crop Top (Ashblue)
- Purple Glasses
- CRAZY Orange Wig
- Fabric Markers
- Avery Dark Fabric Transfer Paper
As I mentioned, you can either order a custom shirt or you can DIY a Chuckie Finster shirt. You can do this by downloading my eBook which gives the full breakdown of how I made my cosplay along with my Chuckie Finster Cosplay and Makeup Tutorial on YouTube.
Chuckie Finster Cosplay Makeup
- Hot Topic Nickelodeon Palette
- Liquid Eyeliner
- Water Activated Paints
Watch my full DIY Chuckie Finster Cosplay!
Chuckie Finster Fun Facts
- Chuckie was originally going to be an antagonist on Rugrats. He was originally inspired by a bully from the childhood of one of the creators.
- Chuckie was originally voiced by Christine Cavanaugh until Nancy Cartwright took over in 2001.
- Chuckie is allergic to dandelions.
- Kim legally adopts Chuckie, which officially makes her Chuckie’s mom.
- Chuckie doesn’t have any siblings and likely doesn’t have any cousins, either.
- He is the oldest Rugrats baby.
- Chuckie Finster turns 30 in 2019. His birthday is April 15, 1989.
*Actions taken from clicking on links may yield commission for the site. All content and photos are copyright Cosplay and Coffee unless otherwise noted.